Bulk Edit Categories, Tags, and Taxonomies
No import/export needed. All the changes apply live on the website.
What is a taxonomy?
In WordPress we use taxonomies for grouping posts. For example:
– The blog posts have categories and tags
– WooCommerce products have product categories, tags, and global attributes (color, sizes, etc.).
– Events have categories, event types, organizers, etc.
A Spreadsheet created especially for all Taxonomies
WordPress has a page for editing categories, tags, attributes, event categories, portfolio categories, and all taxonomies. But it’s very limited 🙂
You need to create every category one at a time and edit every category to add a description, images, and more information.
The searches are very limited. You can find categories by name only. You end up opening a lot of pages, make a lot of clicks, waste a lot of time.
Finding categories with empty descriptions or categories without image is almost impossible in the WordPress interface.
Advanced search for Categories
You can search by multiple fields and using multiple conditions.
For example, find all categories with empty description.
Find categories without image, etc.
Find categories by keyword, parent category, custom fields, SEO title and description, and more
Edit thousands of product attributes at once
We have a formulas engine that lets you update a lot of product categories, tags, and attributes quickly. You can do powerful updates.
You can replace values in ANY field = Replace category names, words in descriptions, parent categories, images, etc.
Add a description or upload an image to hundreds of categories at once. Move hundreds of categories from one parent category to another.
Import product categories, tags, attributes from Excel
You can create category, tags, product attributes quickly in multiple ways:
You can write the info in the sheet quickly.
You can import a file from your wholesaler, supplier, dropshipper
You can copy paste info from Excel
You can copy paste the list of categories from other websites.
View all the information in a single place
You can view all the categories, tags, and product attributes in the spreadsheet, you can view everything in a single page.
You can edit all the fields too, including category names, slugs, parent category, descriptions, images, SEO title and description, custom fields added by other plugins, and more.
It shows custom fields added by other plugins automatically, no setup needed.
- This plugin provides one spreadsheet for every taxonomy
- One spreadsheet for categories, another spreadsheet for tags
- One spreadsheet for Colors, Sizes, and every product attribute
- Edit all the categories, tags, product attributes, event categories, portfolio categories, etc. in a spreadsheet
- Create categories, tags, and product attributes in bulk quickly
- Update categories, tags, and product attributes names, slugs, descriptions, etc. in bulk
- Make advanced searches by keyword, parent, description, image, and any custom field
Powerful bulk editor with formulas
You can edit hundreds or thousands of categories, tags, event categories, and product attributes at once.
Edit category descriptions in BULK
Add categories SEO title and description in Bulk
Upload category images in Bulk
Replace words or phrases in categories, tags, and product attributes descriptions, etc. in bulk
Convert categories into tags, convert tags into product attributes, convert sizes into another attribute in seconds
Move hundreds of categories to another parent category
- Taxonomies: The plugin generates one spreadsheet for every taxonomy. One spreadsheet for categories, one sheet for tags, another for every product attribute (Sizes, Colors, etc.).
- Duplicate terms: You can clone or duplicate a category and create a lot of copies, and the posts are assigned to the new category automatically
- Convert terms: you can convert terms from one taxonomy to another. Tags to categories, categories to product attributes, product attribute (Color) to another product attribute, etc
- Move terms: You can move hundreds of categories from one parent to another
- Unlimited taxonomy terms: The Spreadsheet supports thousands of categories, tags, product attributes, event categories, etc.
- Custom Columns: You can add new columns to the Spreadsheet for editing custom fields
- Bulk edit terms meta: You can edit Custom Fields added by other plugins, they show in the spreadsheet automatically
- Columns Visibility: You can remove, deactivate, display, and sort columns.
- Formulas: You can update hundreds of categories, tags, and product attributes at once using Formulas
- Advanced Custom Fields: Advanced Custom Fields metaboxes automatically appear in the spreadsheet.
- Advanced search: You can find categories, tags, event categories, and product attributes by keyword, slug, description, images, and any field
- Columns resizing: You can resize columns
- Columns renaming: You can rename column
We support Large Sites
The plugin is very efficient with your server resources.
It loads only on wp-admin. It doesn´t affect the speed of your site.
You can load thousands of rows in the spreadsheet without issues.
You can control the number of rows to save per batch. i.e. 3 rows every 20 seconds.
You can control the time to wait between batches when saving changes. i.e. 3 rows every 60 seconds.
It saves only the modified cells in the spreadsheet. For example, you can load 500 rows, edit 3 fields, and it saves only 3 fields.
FAQ – Questions
Can I edit other content types added by my theme?
Yes. You can edit any custom post type added by your theme or other plugins. For example, you can edit “portfolio items”, “Courses”, etc.
Does it work with WordPress Multisite?
Yes. You can install the plugin in a WordPress multisite installation. You can activate the plugin on individual sites or network wide. But you need one license for every site where the plugin is active.
Can I add more columns to the spreadsheet?
Yes. You can add any columns you want!
How can I install this plugin?
You can find a tutorial for this on our tutorials page .
Can I edit WooCommerce products using this plugin?
Yes , it works with woocommerce products. You can edit ALL TYPES of products like simple, virtual, downloadable, variable, etc. and you can edit all the product fields:
- :: Title
- :: URL Slug
- :: Content
- :: Date
- :: Modified Date
- :: Short description
- :: Status
- :: Enable reviews
- :: Featured Image
- :: Product categories
- :: Product tags
- :: Edit attributes
- :: Type
- :: SKU
- :: Regular Price
- :: Sale Price
- :: Weight
- :: Width
- :: Height
- :: Length
- :: Manage stock
- :: Stock status
- :: Stock
- :: Visibility
- :: Gallery
- :: Downloadable
- :: Virtual
- :: Sales price date from
- :: Sales price date to
- :: Sold individually
- :: is featured?
- :: Allow backorders
- :: Purchase note
- :: Shipping class
- :: Download limit
- :: Download expiry
- :: Download type
- :: Download files
- :: Variation description
- :: Variation enabled?
- :: Default attributes
- And custom fields
Can I edit easy digital downloads products using this plugin?
Yes, it works with Easy Digital Downloads products. We have a special plugin for EDD products.
What post types can I edit using this plugin?
All the post types !.
I am a developer, can I extend the plugin to add new columns to the editor?
Yes , the plugin has an easy to use API that allows to add or remove columns to the spreadsheet . You can create extensions to make the spreadsheet show your plugin custom fields. Read more about the API here.
I purchased the plugin and I need help
I need a refund
We can give you a refund only under certain conditions:
- You can´t use the plugin because it´s not compatible with your wordpress site
- You found an issue in the plugin and you can´t wait while we fix it
I found an issue on the plugin
If you found an issue please contact us , we will fix it as soon as possible..
Can I use the spreadsheet without internet connection?
If the website is hosted on a local server (a development site) , the spreadsheet will work offline. But if the website is hosted on the internet (remote server), the spreadsheet requires internet connection to be able to read/save changes.
Can I translate the plugin?
How can I sort the spreadsheet by columns?
Yes. You can sort the spreadsheet by any column. First you need to load all the posts . You can do it manually by scrolling down (the spreadsheet loads more posts as you scroll down) or you can change the settings to load all the posts at once. After that , you can sort the spreadsheet by clicking on any column header.
How can I search in the Spreadsheet?
The spreadsheet has 2 tools: – Search – Locate cell. If you use the “search” button, you will see a popup where you can search by keyword, taxonomies (category, tag, attributes, etc.), and advanced filters (multiple columns at once). This will show only the matching posts only. If you use the locate cell, it just highlights the cells containing a text. This is helpful if you want to locate a cell quickly. For example, you were editing the post “cars” and later you want to locate it again.
Help. I´m getting error 500
1- Maybe you have too many product attributes. A customer had thousands of attributes and he got the same error, he fixed it by deleting some unused attributes.
2- Maybe you are loading too many posts per page? you can change this in the settings page
3- Maybe it´ s a code conflict with other plugin, you can enable the WP_DEBUG option to see if you get php errors or warnings
4- Try deactivating one plugin at a time until you find the bad plugin.
If you need more help you can contact us we´ ll be happy to help. Please include WP and FTP credentials so we can log in and fix the issue.