In this tutorial, we want to show you how to export the list of all your customers with canceled orders. It is really useful when you want to send them a survey to measure their level of satisfaction or send them discount coupons to encourage them to buy.
Of course, you can obtain the customers with canceled orders by checking your orders one by one. You can find them all at WooCommerce > Orders. However, if you do it manually, it will take you many hours if you have to check thousands of canceled orders.
That’s why we’ve created the WooCommerce Orders Spreadsheet plugin. This tool allows you to do advanced searches and apply massive changes to your orders. It contains the Export and Import tools, designed to help you save a lot of time. You can download all your orders’ info to a CSV file or upload info from a CSV.
Once installed and activated, you need to open the plugin by going to Sheet Editor > Edit Orders.
Now just follow these simple steps.
1- Open the “Search” tool to filter your orders by status
The Search tool simplifies your life by allowing you to filter your orders in different ways. You just need to click on it on the toolbar.
You’ll find these search fields.
- Contains keyword – Enter a keyword to search for all the orders containing it on the title.
- Status – You can search for all your orders with these statuses: Pending Payment, Processing, On hold, Completed, Cancelled, Refunded, Failed, Trash.
- Find orders containing these products – You can search for orders containing specific products.
- Order notes – You can search for all orders containing a specific keyword in the order notes.
- Enable advanced filters – This checkbox enables the filters you need to search for your orders by billing and shipping info, order total, date range, etc.
2- Search for all “Cancelled” orders
After opening the Search tool, you need to find all orders with the Cancelled status. For that, you need to do the following.
- Enter Cancelled in the Status
- Click on Run search to filter all your canceled orders.
After that, you’ll see all your canceled orders displayed on the spreadsheet. You can see the search filters applied below the toolbar.
3- Export the filtered orders
Now you need to export the emails of the customers who have created and canceled these orders. For that, click on Export on the top toolbar.
Now you need to select these values to export the customer emails to a CSV file to work on it with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- What columns do you want to export: Billing email
- Tick the I understand it will export the posts from my current search
- OPTIONAL: Tick the I will edit this file with Microsoft Excel
- Click on Start new export.
After these simple steps, the plugin will export all your customers’ email addresses to a CSV file that you can use to send them satisfaction surveys, discount coupons, etc. You can save a lot of time and filter your orders in different ways.