In this article we want to show you how to remove duplicate events from The Events Calendar plugin. Many times we duplicate events to test different versions and at the end we decide which version of our event is better.
The problem is that many of these duplicate events are stored and never deleted. This makes our server slower by having to load many events that we are not using.
That’s why we want to show you how easy and fast it is to eliminate hundreds of duplicate events. Whether it’s 50 or 500 duplicate events you need to remove, the Events Spreadsheet plugin allows you to remove them in just a few minutes.
Once you’ve installed and activated the plugin, go to WP Sheet Editor > Edit Events to open it. You’ll see a spreadsheet containing all your events and their complete information.
Therefore, just follow these simple steps.
1- Open the Bulk Edit tool
With the Bulk Edit tool, you can edit hundreds of events in seconds. This tool is located on the plugin’s toolbar, so just click on it to open.
2- Filter your events (Optional)
You can filter the events you’ll edit. For this just select the I want to search rows to update option in the Select the rows that you want to update dropdown.
This will open a Search tool that contains the following search fields.
- Contains keyword – Use this field to search for all the events containing a certain keyword.
- Status – Search for all events marked as published, draft, etc.
- Author – Filter your events by the user who created them.
- Enter Tags or Event Categories – Filter all events containing specific tags or categories.
Once you decide how to filter your events, click on Run search. This will filter your events and take you back to the Bulk Edit tool.
3- Delete duplicate events
After filtering your events, you need to select these values in order to remove the duplicate events by title.
- Select the rows that you want to update: I want to search rows to update
- What field do you want to edit: Title
- Select type of edit: Remove duplicates
- Click on Execute now.
It’s really simple to delete all duplicate events by category. Of course, you can quickly filter them by keyword, author, status, etc. Definitely, the Events Spreadsheet plugin simplifies your events management.