Imagine you’re selling several bundles in EDD. For example, you sell whole packs of downloads such as software, ebooks, music, etc., and then you want to edit thousands of them. The key factor here is time and patience. You need to have enough time and a lot of patience to do the same procedure a hundred or a thousand times.
We know time is gold and patience is a virtue the majority of us simply don’t have. That’s why we created WP Sheet Editor… We want you to save time and not lose heart.
Would you like to…
- Edit hundreds of bundles status at once,
- Change all their short descriptions in just some minutes,
- Edit their feature images with just some clicks,
- Save time assigning different downloads to them,
- Editing their variable prices,
All those and many more changes are easily made with the WP Easy Digital Downloads Spreadsheet plugin. It makes your life much easier because it is designed to help you save time by allowing you to apply changes on hundreds of products at once with its powerful Bulk Edit tool.
1. Install the WP Easy Digital Downloads Spreadsheet plugin
*You can skip this step if you have the plugin installed and activated.
You can download the plugin here:
Once you install the plugin you’ll see a big spreadsheet containing all your downloads and their complete information.
You’ll also find a toolbar with the following tools:
- Add new – This button helps you create new rows in the spreadsheet.
- Search – With this tool, you can search specific rows using different search terms.
- Bulk Edit – This is a powerful tool that helps you apply changes to thousands of rows at once.
- Duplicate – This button helps you create hundreds of copies out of a row.
- Locate cell – Here you can enter a specific cell content and it will take you right to that cell.
2. How to search all bundle products
As you’ll notice, the spreadsheet will show you all your downloads, and maybe you need to select just the bundles in order to edit them freely. This is easily done using the plugin’s Search tool, so just click it on the toolbar in order to open it.
Once you open the search tool, you’ll find several different fields you can use in order to make your search more specific:
- Contains keyword – Use this field if you want to look for all downloads containing a specific keyword.
- Status – Here you can select between published and draft downloads.
- Author – Use this fields to search for all products created by a specific person.
- Dowload Categories or Tags – Enter any of these parameters.
- Enable advanced filters – This checkbox opens advanced filters to search for your downloads.
In this case, you need to use the Enable advanced filters checkbox to search your bundles.
Set these values to search for all your bundles:
- Tick the Enable advanced filters checkbox
- Select _edd_bundled_products in Field key
- Select != in the Operator field
- Leave the Value field empty
- Hit the Run search button.
After you hit that button, the search tool will filter your bundles and take you back to the spreadsheet.
3. Edit the bundle products in the spreadsheet
Once your bundles have been filtered, you can see the filters applied on the left side of the spreadsheet.
Here you have at least two options:
- Edit your bundles one by one in the spreadsheet by just changing the values in the cells you wish.
- Use the Bulk Edit tool to edit thousands of bundles at once.
4. Bulk edit bundle products
If you have decided to bulk edit the bundles using the Bulk Edit tool, then you’ll find these fields when you open it.
- Select the rows that you want to update: Edit all rows from my current search (even non-visible rows).
- What field do you want to edit: Here you can select the column you want to edit. It can be the title, description, price, etc.
- Select type of edit: Set value
- Replace existing value with this value: Enter the new title if you have selected the value, or the value you have decided.
That’s really simple!
Now you know you have an option that makes your life easier because you can apply changes to thousands of bundles.
You can download the plugin here: