If you have an event planning and organization company, it is very likely that you will use The Events Calendar plugin to manage your events. We think so because this is simply the best event management plugin ever created.
Of course, dealing with hundreds of events requires a lot of patience and time. That’s why we created the Events Spreadsheet plugin. This tool completely transforms your event management experience by letting you manage events on a simple but powerful spreadsheet.
Once you install and activate the plugin, you’ll see a spreadsheet containing all your events and their complete information. Now you just need to follow some simple steps.
1- Open the Bulk Edit tool
To delete hundreds of events or apply changes to thousands of them, no better tool than this plugin’s Bulk Edit tool. It’s located on the plugin’s toolbar, so just click on it to open.
2- Filter your events
You can filter the events you’ll delete. For this just select the I want to search rows to update option in the Select the rows that you want to update dropdown.
This will open a search tool that will show you the following search fields:
- Contains keyword – Use this field to search for all your events containing a specific keyword on their titles.
- Status – Use it to search for all the events marked as draft, published, etc.
- Author – To filter them by the person who created them.
- Enter tags or Event categories – Enter tags or categories, simple.
Once you’ve decided how you’ll filter your events, click on Run search.
3- Delete your filtered events
You’ll need to select these values in the Bulk Edit tool in order to delete your filtered events:
- Select the rows that you want to update: I want to search rows to update
- What field do you want to edit: Status
- Select the type of edit: Set value
- Value: Delete completely
- Click on Execute now.
As you can see, it’s really simple to delete thousands of events filtering them by keyword, status, category, etc. The Events Spreadsheet makes it really simple for you to apply this and many other changes.