Want to save a lot of time editing thousands of products at once? You’re in the right place.
Other tutorials will tell you that you need to use some PHP snippets or that it’s virtually impossible. Others will even tell you that you need to download one plugin for each field in WooCommerce. For example, one for prices, one for featured images, another for attributes, etc.
However, we have great news for you!
The WooCommerce Products Spreadsheet plugin allows you to quickly edit products massively using an intuitive and easy-to-use spreadsheet. You can edit any fields of your products, so you don’t need to get several plugins to edit your products.
You can filter your products in several ways:
- Date range
Install it now
After installing and activating it, you need to open the plugin by going to Sheet Editor > Edit Products. You’ll see a spreadsheet containing all your products and their complete information.
You could quickly change some individual prices in the spreadsheet by editing the values in the Regular Price column and clicking on Save once you’re done. And still you would save a lot of time.
But we want to show you how to edit prices for hundreds of products at once.
Now just follow these simple steps:
1- Open the “Bulk Edit” tool
This tool allows you to quickly filter and edit thousands of products. It’s on the toolbar, so just click on Bulk Edit to open it.
2- Filter the products you’ll edit
Now you can filter all your products in different ways. For that just select the I want to search rows to update option in the Select the rows that you want to update dropdown.
The plugin will open a search tool containing the following fields:
- Contains keyword: Enter any keyword in this field to filter all the products containing it on their titles.
- Status: Search all products by status: Draft, Pending Review, Private, Published, Trash, Scheduled
- Enter tags: You can search for all products containing specific categories, attributes, tags, shipping classes, etc. It works for all those search options.
- Search on variations: This checkbox filters the variations only when enabled.
- Enable advanced filters: This checkbox opens advanced filters to find your products by ID, date, price, etc. For example, to get all products with price higher than 100, use these values:
- Field key: _regular_price
- Operator: >
- Value: 100
- Run search: After setting the search parameters, you need to click on this button to filter all your products.
Let’s say you want to filter all products containing the Shirt keyword. Just enter it in the Contains keyword field and click on Run search. This will filter the shirts and take you back to the Bulk Edit fields for you to change their prices.
3- Change prices for the selected products
You need to select these values in order to change prices for all the selected products.
- Select the rows that you want to update: I want to search rows to update
- What field do you want to edit: Regular Price
- Select type of edit: You’ll have these options: Set value (replace existing value with a new value); Increase by number; Increase by percentage; Decrease by number; Decrease by percentage.
- Now you need to enter the new price or the number/percentage by which you’ll increase/decrease the prices of the selected products. Enter just the numbers, neither % not $ signs.
- Click on Execute now.
Now you’ll see all the prices edited on the spreadsheet.
As you see, it’s really simple to edit hundreds of product prices using the WooCommerce Products Spreadsheet plugin because you don’t have to use any PHP snippets nor spend hours and hours editing products individually.