Last week, a friend of us asked us how he could restrict 300 coupons from applying to the products belonging to the Fashion category. He wanted his coupons to be used in all of his products, except in the fashion products because all products from that category were on sale.
As you know, WooCommerce coupons allow you to restrict or exclude product categories so that the coupons are not applied when those products are included in the order. However, if you want to edit a hundred coupons containing a specific keyword, so that they don’t apply to the fashion category, you’ll have to open and edit them one by one.
That’s why you need the WP Sheet Editor Coupons Spreadsheet plugin. With this you can quickly restrict hundreds of coupons from applying to products in a specific category. That’s what we’ll do in just three steps.
Step 1: Install the WP Sheet Editor Coupons plugin
This plugin helps you make changes on hundreds of coupons at once and helps you manage them in a beautiful spreadsheet.
You can download the plugin here:
In the plugin, you’ll find a spreadsheet with the following tools:
- Add new – This button helps you create new coupons in the spreadsheet.
- Search – With this tool, you can search specific coupons using different search terms.
- Bulk Edit – This is a powerful tool that helps you apply changes to thousands of coupons at once.
- Duplicate – This button helps you create hundreds of copies out of a coupon.
- Locate cell – Here you can enter a specific cell content and it will take you right to that cell.
Step 2: Open the Bulk Edit tool and Select the coupons you’ll edit
In this short tutorial, we’ll use the Bulk Edit tool, so open it by clicking it on the toolbar.
Once you open the Bulk Edit tool, you need to select the I want to search rows to update in the Select the rows that you want to update field, so that you filter your coupons.
To look for your coupons, you have these options:
- Contains keyword – Use this field if you want to look for all coupons containing a specific keyword.
- Status – Here you can select between published and draft coupons.
- Run search – This button is to filter your coupons according to the terms of the search you’ve selected.
Whatever the search terms you select, just hit the Run search button, which will filter your coupons and take you back to the Bulk Edit tool.
Remember that this search is to help you select all the coupons you want to edit. For example, you may have 500 coupons with the same keyword or any other search parameter, and all of them will be selected to receive the changes you’ll make.
3. Edit coupons’ category restrictions
In the Bulk Edit tool, you need to set these values in order to exclude a category from the coupon:
- Select the rows that you want to update: I want to select rows to update
- What field do you want to edit: Exclude categories
- Select type of edit: Set value
- Replace existing value with this value: My category 1
- Click on Execute now
Bulk editing your coupon category restrictions is really easy with WP Sheet Editor Coupons spreadsheet. You should get it now and start saving time.