Sometimes when you’re creating a WooCommerce store, you lose track of the complete products and the products missing information. For whatever reason you might want to find products missing attributes and variations to add the missing information. When that happens it can be really difficult to find those products, especially if you have hundreds of products in your WooCommerce store.
So in this entry we’ll show you how to find, erase or edit all your products without variations and attributes.
Install WP Sheet Editor
WP Sheet Editor was designed to help you manage your WooCommerce store by applying changes to thousands of products at once, so it will make your life easier.
You can skip this step if you have the plugin installed and activated.
You can download the plugin here:Read more about it
When you open the Spreadsheet, you’ll see all your products and their information. It’s great because you can start making changes to individual products. However, here we’ll show you how to use the Search and the Bulk Edit tools.
1. Find your products without variations or attributes
Before removing products or making any change, you need to find the ones you’ll modify. In this case we want to find the products missing attributes and variations.
a) Open the Bulk Edit tool
This tool helps you find and apply changes to thousands of products.
b) Filter your products
For this, you need to select the I want to search rows to update option in the Select the rows that you want to update. This opens a search tool to filter your products in different ways such as by category, attribute, keyword, etc. In this case you’ll look for the products without attributes.
c) Look for all products without attributes
To look for products without attributes, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Tick the Enable advanced filters checkbox
- Field key: _product_attributes
- Operator: =
- Value: Leave this field EMPTY
- Click on Run search
2. Remove products without attributes and variations from your store.
One option you may have with these products without attributes is to remove them. Maybe you don’t need them because you don’t sell them anymore.
So you need to set these values in the Bulk Edit tool:
- Select the rows that you want to update: I want to search rows to update
- What field do you want to edit: Status
- Select type of edit: Set value
- Replace existing value with this value: Delete completely
- Click on Execute now
3. Copy variations from one product to another
If on the other hand you don’t want to remove your products from the store, you can view the products in the spreadsheet and edit them in 2 ways:
- You can add the attributes and variations editing the cells in the spreadsheet
- Or you can copy product attributes and variations from one product to hundreds of products saving a lot of time. You can follow this tutorial.
That was easy!
With WP Sheet Editor it´s really easy to find and edit products without attributes or variations.